Steering & Suspension Repairs
Worn steering, suspension and drive line components can cause noise, vibration, premature tyre wear and misalignment. De Jonge Mechanical Repairs will perform a steering and suspension system inspection with every service. By replacing worn parts you regain steering control and handling which will return your vehicle to its original operating performance.
If you are having steering or suspension problems or if you hear unusual noises when driving over bumps or dips in the road, see De Jonge Mechanical Repairs for a comprehensive steering and suspension inspection.
A Steering & Suspension Inspection includes:
- Road test to determine steering & suspension performance.
- Inspection of steering and suspension system.
- A report with our recommendations and an estimate for labour and parts requiring either repair or replacement.
When to have this done:
- When noticing steering problems.
- Noises are heard when driving over bumps or dips in the road.
- When your vehicles tyres show un-even wear.
- If your vehicle is pulling to the side whist driving.
Power Steering Fluid Check & Flush
Power steering fluid not only helps transfer pressure from the steering wheel to the tyres, it also lubricates the steering system. Like all fluids in your vehicle, power steering fluid wears out over time and must be replaced in order to ensure proper vehicle control and the longevity of steering components.
By having this service performed, it removes harmful contaminants and helps prevent premature wear of steering components. It also maintains oil seal condition to help eliminate leaks and ensure appropriate fluid viscosity for maximum power steering performance. Your power steering fluid should be checked with every engine oil change or logbook service.
- Steering system performance test.
- Visual inspection of the power steering components.
- Flushing the old fluid and refilling the system with new fluid.